Mark James – Sideshow Tricks
Mark James has performed professionally for over a decade in over 40 countries, featuring at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the world famous Magic Castle in Hollywood.
Now, new to Viva for 2017, he brings his critically acclaimed show to the Festival Suite.
Combining original comedy and magic with juggling, escapology and sideshow stunts you’re invited to join Mark as he creates a one-man variety show like no other.
The show is fresh, original and suitable for all the family, plus it’s full of surprises.
Show runs in 2 halves, each approximately 45 minutes long with a 20 minute interval.
Suitable for a family audience
Some strobe lighting may be used during this performance.
Doors and bars open at 6pm. Pre-show dining is available to book and is served before the show commences.
As you arrive, feeling magic in the air, you’ll be greeted by our team who will find your booking on our guest list. You’ll make your way to the first floor via the stairs, escalator or lift and prepare to take your seats.
Our friendly team will guide you to your table, which is yours for the night. As you take your seats and are waiting for the show to begin you’ll enjoy your delicious 2 or 3-course pre-show meal. If you haven’t pre-booked a meal, you can order a tasty treat from our Snack Bar which is open throughout the show.
The lights will dim as Mark takes to the stage ready to keep the WHOLE FAMILY entertained for the night. You’ll see Mark perform world class sleight of hand, escape from a straight jacket, eat fire, and even juggle mousetraps. The show is as hilarious as it is intriguing and is perfect whether you’re 5 or 105 so hold onto your hat as you begin a night you’ll never forget.
While you’re enjoying the show you can also enjoy a fantastic range of drinks throughout the night including cocktails, wines, coffees, spirits and draught beers. Head over to the bar which remains open throughout the performance. Don’t forget to stick around for a nightcap too because, here at Viva, we love a little aftershow party.
How To Make A Booking
- Select The Date/Time You Wish To Visit and Click 'Book Now'
- Let Us Know How Many Tickets You Require
- Add An Optional 2 or 3 Course Dining Package
- Customize Your Booking With Optional Pre-Order Drinks, Celebration Balloons and Cakes
- Tell us if you're celebrating, we may be able to add a special mention during the show!
- Login, or Add Your Details To Create An Account and Pay Securely Online
Adult - £12.50
OAP - £10.00
Junior Ticket (U16) - £10.00
Family Ticket (2 Adult / 2 Junior) - £35.00
BOOK ONLINE FOR FREE – The cheapest way to book is online which free of any additional charges – with no card or booking surcharges.
Our pre-show restaurant menu is served before the show (from 6pm until 7.15pm) and is available to order when booking - with a 2 and 3 course option.
For more information and FAQs (including dress code) we have a 'Frequently Asked Questions' section on our website - Click Here For Our FAQs
Prices: From £11.00 to £36.00 per ticket
Complete your visit with our pre-show restaurant dining
Complete your evening with an amazing pre-show dining experience right here at VIVA.
Our executive chef Andy Miller has prepared a stunning menu with a range of quality 'classic' dishes alongside fine dining 'premium' options. Choose to arrive between 6pm and 7.15pm and enjoy 2 or 3 course option which is served before the show starts.
2 Courses £16.95/ 3 Courses £21.45
Curtain Up... To Start
- Classic Crayfish & Cucumber Cocktail with Sauce Marie Rose (GF)
- Classic Minestrone Soup - With Crusty Bread (GF Bread Available) (V)
- Wild Mushroom Pate with Spiced Pear, Chutney and Warm Bread (GF Bread Available) (V)
- Chicken Liver Pate served with Onion Chutney and Warm Bread (GF Bread Available) (V)
Premium Starter Selection - £2.30 supplement
- Smoked Chicken Breast with Greek Feta & Toasted Pine nuts on Crisp Leaf Salad with Onion, Mint and Parsley Dressing (GF)
- Smoked Haddock Fishcakes with Tomato and Red Onion Chutney and Crisp Leaf Salad
- Pear, Gorgonzola & Parsnip Tartlet with Rocket and Parmesan Salad (V)
The Headline Act... Main Course
- Handmade Chicken Kiev with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Lamb Verona - Diced Lamb cooked in Stout with Fresh Rosemary & Mint finished with Fresh Cream & Shortcrust Pastry
- Pork Cutlet filled with Apricot & Ginger Stuffing wrapped in Bacon & served with a Port Sauce (GF)
- Sun-blush Tomato, Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni (V)
Premium Main Course Selection - £3.30 supplement
- Daube of Lakeland Beef served with our rich Stroganoff Sauce
- Daube of Lakeland Beef served with Rich Onion Gravy & Yorkshire Pudding
- Baked Fillet of Salmon served with a creamed Leek & Chive Sauce
- Chick Pea & Butterbean Moroccan Tagine with Apricots, Red Onion & Coriander (GF) (V)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Caramel Apple Pie (GF)
- Double Chocolate Fudge Cake
Premium Dessert Course Selection - £1.55 supplement
- White & Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
- Rhubarb Crumble & Custard
- Cheese & Biscuit Board – For 1 - £4.50 / For 2 – 7.95 / For 4 - £13.95
- Freshly Ground Rijo42 Premium Coffee and Macaroons - £3.25pp
- Birthday Celebration Cake - £17.50
Snack Menu Also Available To Purchase On Night