Lost Property Policy
We understand that it can put a dampener on your visit if something is lost whilst you visit a show or event. Please be assured that we will do our upmost to reunite you with your lost item, but sometimes this is not possible and items may not be returned.
We do wish to help – so the first point of call is to let us know!
If you require assistance, please call 01253 297 297 (option 1) and speak to one of our customer service team between 10am and 4pm daily.
Alternatively, if you’d like to register an item as ‘lost’ then please fill in the email form below
Viva Blackpool and it’s associated venues/companies have the right to enforce our own policy on matters of lost and found property. Whilst a customer may with to report the loss or finding of property to local police, it is essential that Viva Blackpool and associated venues/companies follow our own policy/procedures and that a record is maintained of all items of lost and found property.
All items reported to us will be logged/recorded.
All found items will be submitted to box office/reception for logging and then transferred to a secure storage area where they will remain the property of Viva Blackpool until claimed.
Items will be stored for a maximum of 3 months (12 weeks).
Reasonable attempt will be made to identify the owner of the found property if there are identifying features/contact details which allow us to investigate further
After the 12 week period – items will be taken from secure storage and the following applied.
- PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION – reported to relevant body immediately and after the 12 week period we will seek advise on how to dispose by the relevant body
- MOBILE TELEPHONES – the SIM card destroyed and the telephone donated to a mobile recycling scheme. Once donated the deletion of any information stored directly on the handset is the responsibility of the scheme
- KEYS – destroyed and securely disposed of
- BANK CARDS – reported to the bank immediately and advised on disposal by the bank
- CASH – donated to our nominated charity / fundraising scheme
- PURSE / WALLET – all personal information destroyed and then treated as a ‘general item.
- CLOTHING – Stored for 12 week period – then donated to local charity shop
- MEDICINE – Stored for 12 week period – then given to pharmacy to dispose of safely
- PERISHABLE GOODS – these are disposed of at the end of each trading day
- ALL OTHER GENERAL ITEMS – Stored for 12 week period then disposed of at the venue discretion