Details On Our Disabled Access & Facilities
We’d like all of our guests here at Viva to have an amazing experience every time they visit our wonderful venue, whatever your requirements.
We have put together some information on this page to help you out with your visit should you have specific access and facility requirements.
Access: Viva is able to accommodate all guests with a disability
– Lift Access – Our main entrance stairways has nearby lift access, and the main showroom and function suite areas are on a single level.
Note – 30/05/19 – Due to an ongoing repair issue raised with our landlords, lift access has been temporariliy disabled. We are trying to address this issue with the owners of the building and hope lift access will be restored in the coming weeks. First floor access to the venue is currently via escalator access (with assisted access available if required)
– Entrances – Our Church Street and Bank Hey Street entrances are at street level without steps into the main hallway from which the lift is accessible
– Disabled Washroom / Toilet Facilities are available with access provided from the public area via a key made available on request.
– Strobe Lighting – Our show content may contain strobe lighting effects which could trigger epileptic seizures in those susceptible.
– Loop – For hard of hearing, we do not yet have a loop system installed. Please advise on booking and we will be able to situate your booking close to a speaker, or stage for lip readers
– Partially Sighted – Please advise when booking and we may be able to situate your party close to the stage.
– We offer half price show tickets for registered Carers with valid ID. (please note: for visiting show performances, this is at the discretion of the promoter. Dining is not included. Please contact us for enquiries on particular shows).
– If you require assistance with booking, please contact our bookings and reservations teams on 01253 297 297 who will be happy to help.
– Large groups with a disability are advised to contact our booking and reservations team prior to your visit so that we can make necessary arrangements for your visit
Parking – Viva is centrally located in Blackpool Town Centre where there are plenty of pay and display car parks with designated parking for those with a disability.
– Houndshill Shopping Centre – Multi-Story parking accessible from Coronation Street within a short distance to our venue. Covered parking with lifts available. Pay on return charges apply.
– Central Car Parks – Close to the promenade and within a short distance (5 mins). Entrances on Central Drive and Chapel Street – height restriction in place (6ft 3inch). Pay and display charges apply
– West Street Car Park – Multi-Story parking open until 12.30am above British Home Stores. Most spaces undercover with lift access. Pay and display charges apply
Don’t forget to display a valid Blue Badge in your vehicle
Our Disabled Access Policy
VIVA takes a responsible approach with regards to policies and procedures for guests with a disability visiting the venue. Our policy is put in place to maintain consistency of approach, and also to comply with the government’s Disability Discrimination Act 2004 (DDA) and the Equality Act 2010 (EA) under which the Disability Equality Duty of the DDA continues to apply.
This guide is published to give a realistic overview of our venue including access, restrictions and the requirement of helpers to give you the information to make an informed decision about visiting us.