Viva Recovery Fund
Covid-19 has taken its toll on many businesses, and Viva has now been closed for over 7 of the last 9 months having performed just 5% of the planned show performances during 2020.
We are trying our upmost to ensure that the venue remains viable and ready to open once we are able to, but this means making huge sacrifices in our budget.
Our aim has always been to support and continually invest in our team, and our facilities to develop Viva Blackpool into a World class customer experience. As well as developing freelance talent, Viva has often been the first professional engagement for many artists who are starting out in the performing arts, as well as providing accessible facilities for local arts, dance and minority groups.
We would appreciate any donation you can make so that we can support the careers of our young team, freelance cast and management – as well as supporting the development of the venue
We had huge investment plans for 2020/2021 – which is now at risk of being sacrificed to just ensure the survival of the Viva venues.
1. New Viva entrance doors and refurbished reception/box office and entrance to the venue(s).
2. New external signage and canopy
3. Enhanced digital training scheme and induction programme for new team members (blended learning) and a new training room
4. Booth seating in the Viva Cabaret Theatre
5. Sound proof doors/partitioning between the Round Room and Viva Cabaret Theatre
6. New window installation in the ‘Festival Suite’ to look over the promenade and North Pier
7. Production and staging investment – as we seek to increase the height of the performance area by remodelling the ceiling (which will allow us to attract more theatrical, cirque and concert performances) as well as giving more ‘wow’ to our resident show productions
8. Hearing loop and further sound installation to ensure an even distribution of sound across the theatre
During 2020 we have already invested in a new EPOS system in the Viva venue which has had huge benefits to our customers and staff – and it is this kind of investment which makes the Viva experience what it is and we only want to go on and improve.