After the recent Government guidance – we are pleased to announce the lifting of certain restrictions when working in, and visiting our Viva Blackpool venue.
As ever, the safety of our team and the general public are paramount to us – and we are taking a cautious approach to the easing of the policies which were introduced in May to allow venues such as ours to re-open.
With the safety and wellbeing of everyone in mind – we are pleased to announce the following (effective from the 19th July 2021)
- Our customer facing team to will continue to wear facemasks until further notice (exceptions for those behind perspex screens & first floor meet & greet)
- We will not discourage guests from wearing facemasks – but the option to wear face coverings and PPE will be at their discretion.
- Perspex screens will remain in place on our box office front desk
- Hygiene and hand sanitizing stations will remain in place
- Lateral Covid testing to remain in place with regular tests of the team or any staff member alerted by ‘Test & Trace’ or with any symptoms (Temp, Continuous New Cough or loss of smell or taste). Proof of a negative PCR test will be required for a return to work
- Full Bar service will resume with queuing system (one way in and out) and distanced markings in place to guide anyone queuing (to use at their discretion)
- There will be an increased emphasis on our floor team operations (Table Ordering) to remain for those who wish not to go to the bar (we will encourage and advocate table ordering as much as possible)
- Our mobile ordering app will remain in operation (after some slight tweaks to the system)
- Gradual increase in capacity (we will not open straight away to full capacity audiences). 1m plus between tables to be retained as much as possible
- Track and trace data will be retained for lead booker (via our booking system) but the requirement for all guests to fill in test and trace will not be required (as has been the case for the past month)
- Flexible booking policy to be maintained, and £5 flexible deposit ticket will remain in place for the foreseeable future (allowing the guest to change dates in case of covid infection or requirement to isolate in their party)
- Enhanced cleaning routines will still be undertaken (for example handles and surfaces) wherever and whenever possible
This guidance for our team will be reviewed monthly, or when any government reviews take place.