Bucks Fizz (formerly of)
First you gotta speed it up…
Making their return to Viva Blackpool come and enjoy Eurovision and 80s icons Cheryl, Mike, Jay and special guest Bobby McVey as the guys ‘formerly of’ BUCKS FIZZ come to town for a special one off show to kick off Blackpool Pride weekend.
Formerly of Bucks Fizz
Early in 1981, four complete strangers sat in the drawing room of a house in Fulham and were told: “you are now Bucks Fizz”.
In the eight weeks between that first meeting and appearing on “A Song for Europe” on 11th March 1981, Bucks Fizz were hurled into a melee of rehearsing, recording, routining, styling, interviews and photography. All that hard work and effort was to pay dividends - they went on to win the Song For Europe and Eurovision Song Contest 1981 and became household names around the world.
With over 20 singles released over the next few years including 3 number ones, “My Camera Never Lies”, “Land Of Make Believe” and of course, “Making Your Mind Up”, they sold in excess of 15 million records, spending 219 weeks in the UK charts alone! Making Your Mind Up went to No 1 in nine countries!
In 2016 the band will celebrate 35 years since winning the Eurovision and they want all their fans to come along and celebrate this anniversary with them, so Let’s make this night a night to remember like the prestigious 30th anniversary sell-out gig at The London Palladium… And yes, they still rip the skirts off!
Features original members Cheryl Baker, Mike Nolan and Jay Aston.
How To Make A Booking
- Select The Date/Time You Wish To Visit and Click 'Book Now'
- Pick Your Seats From The Floorplan or Use The 'Search for the Best Available seats.'
- Add An Optional Pre-Show Dining Package
- Customize Your Booking With Optional Pre-Order Drinks, Celebration Balloons and Cakes
- Tell us if you're celebrating, we may be able to add a special mention during the show!
- Login, or Add Your Details To Create An Account and Pay Securely Online
Doors Open: 6.00pm
Dining: Last entry for dining 7pm*
Show Starts Approx:7.45pm
Running Time: Approx:2 Hours, 15 Minutes (including interval)
Curtain Down Approx:10pm
After Show Meet and Greet Available
*Advisory note to customers - When choosing the later dining times the house lights will be dimmed when the show starts
Adult - £24.50 / OAP - £23.50 / Junior - £19.50
Adult - £22.50 / OAP - £21.50 / Junior - £17.50
Tall Table / Bar Area
Adult - £19.50 / OAP - £18.50 / Junior - £14.50
For more information and FAQs (including dress code) we have a 'Frequently Asked Questions' section on our website - Click Here For Our FAQs
Prices: From £12.00 to £22.00 per ticket
complete your evening with our pre-show dining experience
Complete your evening with an amazing pre-show dining experience right here at VIVA.
Our executive chef Andy Miller has prepared a stunning menu with a range of quality 'classic' dishes alongside fine dining 'premium' options. Choose to arrive between 6pm and 7.15pm and enjoy 2 or 3 course option which is served before the show starts.
2 Courses £16.95/ 3 Courses £21.45
Curtain Up... To Start
- Classic Crayfish & Cucumber Cocktail with Sauce Marie Rose (GF)
- Classic Minestrone Soup - With Crusty Bread (GF Bread Available) (V)
- Wild Mushroom Pate with Spiced Pear, Chutney and Warm Bread (GF Bread Available) (V)
- Chicken Liver Pate served with Onion Chutney and Warm Bread (GF Bread Available) (V)
Premium Starter Selection - £2.30 supplement
- Smoked Chicken Breast with Greek Feta & Toasted Pine nuts on Crisp Leaf Salad with Onion, Mint and Parsley Dressing (GF)
- Smoked Haddock Fishcakes with Tomato and Red Onion Chutney and Crisp Leaf Salad
- Pear, Gorgonzola & Parsnip Tartlet with Rocket and Parmesan Salad (V)
The Headline Act... Main Course
- Handmade Chicken Kiev with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Lamb Verona - Diced Lamb cooked in Stout with Fresh Rosemary & Mint finished with Fresh Cream & Shortcrust Pastry
- Pork Cutlet filled with Apricot & Ginger Stuffing wrapped in Bacon & served with a Port Sauce (GF)
- Sun-blush Tomato, Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni (V)
Premium Main Course Selection - £3.30 supplement
- Daube of Lakeland Beef served with our rich Stroganoff Sauce
- Daube of Lakeland Beef served with Rich Onion Gravy & Yorkshire Pudding
- Baked Fillet of Salmon served with a creamed Leek & Chive Sauce
- Chick Pea & Butterbean Moroccan Tagine with Apricots, Red Onion & Coriander (GF) (V)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Caramel Apple Pie (GF)
- Double Chocolate Fudge Cake
Premium Dessert Course Selection - £1.55 supplement
- White & Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
- Rhubarb Crumble & Custard
- Cheese & Biscuit Board – For 1 - £4.50 / For 2 – 7.95 / For 4 - £13.95
- Freshly Ground Rijo42 Premium Coffee and Macaroons - £3.25pp
- Birthday Celebration Cake - £17.50
Snack Menu Also Available To Purchase On Night